Tuesday, October 26, 2010

CHILI!

OK EVERYONE! CHILI  is the best comfort food around...and I think I have perfected mine to simple greatness!
Feel free to copy and adapt!

Next time I will post pics I promise...

Chili recipe:
TO A MEDIUM STOCK POT
MELT 1 TBS BUTTER 1 TBS OLIVE OIL
ADD
1 medium onion, chopped fine
1-3 cloves of garlic-chopped fine
if you like add:
1 bell pepper, chopped fine

1 jalepeno, chopped fine note for those who dont like heat DEFINITELY DONT ADD WONT CHANGE ANYTHING I PROMISE!
 I only addem when I gotem...
(I use my ninja or the vidalia chopper this make hard labor turn to literally seconds)


next saute the above til soft on med low heat- the onions are translucent
next ADD & BROWN
1-2 lbs of ground beef ,salt,  pepper and a sm palm of cumin
IS IT BROWN OR GREY?MAKE SURE ITS BROWN!
 THEN ADD THE FOLLOWING
1 can black beans- drained
2 cans of DARK red kidney beans,drain if you like a super thick chili
1 LG 28 OZ  can of diced tomatoes with juice

1 sm can of tomato paste 
1sm can of tomato sauce
1-2 palmfuls of chili powder- this is really to taste (I usually do 2)
more cumin if needed
3 shakes of worcester sauce (if you got it- not totally necessary-)
AND THE SECRET INGREDIENT:
1 PALMFUL OF BROWN SUGAR- DO NOT OMIT!
mix it up- taste- adjust the seasoning bring to a boil then simmer 1/2 hr
serve with hunks of warm sourdough bread- and toppings(I dont use"toppings" unless there be that there company!) or just some corn bread if you like to keep it southern ya'll!
happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am passionate about oh so many things:give me something pretty to make be it a card,scrapbooking,craft,journal or food...I seek after these things...I want to nurture with the things I create...this blog is about my pretty little rubies...